Can I downgrade my "Hi-Res" LCD panel?

I have the "hi-res" MacBook Pro and the screen is cracked. The panel is a LP171WU4-TLA1, and I don't feel the machine is worth the expensive price tag of a new hi-res LCD.

Are there any compatible lesser quality screens that will work?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

No - The high resolution screen is not interchangeable - the VGU will not work with low res screens.

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1


This is what I found on that page:

"Although visually identical, this part will not work in the Hi-Res LED 1920x1200 Models"

Did I miss something?


No, you didn't specify which model you own your O. Q. THe part fits all but one of the range you sited. Look here.


I don't understand you. Can you please rephrase?


I was in error on my original answer: The link is to a place that is selling the high res screen, a note there states: (1) The high resolution screen is not interchangeable.


Add a comment

Add your answer

Obama Phone will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 101