Early 2011 model, A1278 / 2.3 GHz i5 or 2.7 GHz i7 processor.

three Beeps intervals os x snow lepard

Hi, my computer is stuck on a grey screen with the apple logo and a spinning wheel. so, i bought a new hard drive, a hdd cable and os x snow leopard ( since i didnt have any os x) . but when i try to to open the osx i just hear 3 beeps interval and nothing happen. how can i solve this problem thank you.

The three beeps means your RAM is bad. First try reseating it. Next try just one stick at a time in one slot then the next so that you test both the slots and the RAM.

i tried to do what you recommended me and still the same problem, could other things cause that problem because i tried one of the rams on my windows computer and it did work

What happens when you use just the stick that worked in your PC? Has this RAM ever worked in your MAC? What are the last three figures of your serial number? What type of RAM are you using?

it did work on my pc, and i dont know if it has worked with this laptop because its being that way since i bought it, the three last digits of my mbp are rj7, and the ram brand is hynix 2gb

could it be due to the os x, i bought it from apple store is snow leopars 10.6.3 , do you think i need a newer one since i have a 2011 mbp

Your machine uses PC3-10600 DDR3 Min. RAM Speed: 1333 MHz

If the RAM you are trying to use is not this, you will get three beeps on start up on your Mac.

This answer was originally to another question.

It is not the ram's fault all the time... 3 beeps may also mean that you have a MBP that needs at least 10.6.7 SL to run the installation and begin the process!

Pre-Installed MacOS: X 10.6.6 (10J3210) Maximum MacOS: Current*

Yes i've heard you can only install Lion and up in this case

Cann you give us a link to support the three beeps from not having the correct installation disk?

Stop, do not pass go, use 10.6.8 or higher. 10.6.3 will not work on core i platforms.

Louis, are you saying that the Pre-Installed MacOS: X 10.6.6 (10J3210) from the installation DVD will not work? I know nothing earlier will work. The retail 10.6 will not work because it is 10.6.3. I have never heard of getting 3 beeps from trying to install anything. Outside of the original DVD for this machine, the only way I know of (outside of cloning in Target Mode or a Target Mode installation) is to build a flash drive install of 10.6.6 or better. Will this machine connect via the internet by holding down the "R' key on start up and download a system?

Jose Luis will be eternally grateful.