Epson Printer

Repair and disassembly guides for Epson printer.

Error says paper jam, but there is not. What could cause this?

I have an artisan 837 all in one. It was working perfectly fine yesterday. Today it is telling me I have a paper jam. I went through the steps it told me to take 3 times. There is no paper jammed anywhere! each time I would finish with the steps and turn it back on, it would make a grinding sound, and then I get the same paper jam error message. I need some helpful advice if anyone has seen this before, please tell me what I should do.

I have the w3540 it kept saying paperjam but no paper present in it.took all ink cartridges out and place in working now..thanks

by ladyportier99

Hello Kathy, Your printer makes a "grinding sound". This is usually to two areas:

1. Related to the printhead rail. It is either ink residue or dry. Try cleaning it with some water.

2. Paper pick up roller(s) not pick up. Clean them with a terry cloth towel that has a little water or a multi-purpose cleaner.

Good Luck...

I also sent epson a email and the support person told me to move the print head to the left side and try restarting the printer. I tried that 3 times and the grinding sound and the paper jam message still comes up. i am going to try cleaning the rail and see what happens. I can see black ink on the print head rail. I just don't want to damage the printer more. wish me luck.

by Kathy

Most Helpful Answer

So for me the idea of removing all the ink cartridges and reinstalling them one at a time and moving the carriage over to the far left worked. All is working now. Thanks Andrew

I took the ink cartridges out one at a time and for some freak reason it works now! THANK YOU!

by judithransom

It works good

by John Cena

nice , thumbs up !

by Uzaki Shizuka

I talked to Epson yesterday and they are sending me a brand new printer. I had tried to move the print head like they said, but it didn't help at all.

I have an epson SX445W. It says paper jam. There isn't. What to do?i Kevin Farrell United

Kingdom

Kevin, Clean the paper pick up roller with a terry towel and ammonia free multipurpose cleaner or water.

I have an Epson Artisan 837 , After several refills of letter sized paper the grey paper guide on the side of paper tray had moved ever so slightly from the Letter Position. The printer would print only 1/2 a page. Very frustrating that such a small deviation would cause this to happen without any mention of possible solutions.

This also happened to me and I tried cleaning the rollers but it didn't help. It turned out to be the actual document. I tried printing several other types of documents (word, JPEG, pdf, etc.) and everything worked except for the png document. So maybe try saving the file under a different format before printing.

I have a espon 400 paper continues to go in sideways

by Edward

MY printer is Epson nx510 and I cannot find any paper jammed and I have new ink- What do you suggest to repair the trouble! Rose

well no luck I removed ink and they are not dry - new- and now it says paper jam and not so and wrong ink but new! help

by roseross9

I have a epson wp-4530 every time i tried air printing from my iphone it keeps saying jammed paper

by elizadunne

Try to clean sensor under printhead.

by point200990

Try to clean sensor under printhead.

I have two printers..the WF-2540 feeds the paper when I try to print but nothing gets printed on the paper...

the WF-2530 gives me the error message to clear jam but there is no jam. my brother and I have only owned them for a year and really frustrated they both went down within a week of each other. please help if you can.

I have a WF-3540. I got the same message while trying to print my tax return. What worked for me? After 10 minutes of losing it, I took out all of the ink carts and powered off. The printer asked me to replace the ink. I reinstalled and it worked!

I have an Epson L110. It was working perfectly fine yesterday. Today it is telling me I have a paper jam and cancel all print jobs and turn off the printer and turn on again. I went through the steps it told me to take 9 times. There is no paper jammed anywhere! each time I would finish with the steps and turn it back on, it would make a grinding sound, and then I get the same paper jam error message. I need some helpful advice if anyone has seen this before, please tell me what I should do.

kvrraju888@gmail.com

My Epson stylus photo 1290s A3 printer has always, since I bought it new a number of years ago, worked faultlessly. Three days ago its behavior changed. When switching on the green (power lamp) blinks whilst the head starts to move a little bit (as normal) along the carriage and then back to its normal parked position. So far so good. Then the head slowly traverses to the extreme left of the carriage and upon reaching, suddenly very quickly moves back to its starting position. Then I hear the normal noises it makes as it charges up with ink but they seem louder and then suddenly it appears that from somewhere below the paper feed area at the back of the printer comes a very loud ‘clacking’ noise accompanied with a terrible juddering of the whole machine. Then suddenly the red paper feed light comes on solid and the machine is then unresponsive. Immediately before this all started the printer was printing perfectly.

Since this first happened 3 days ago, I have probably switched the machine on (and off) on about 12 occasions to see if things would improve. A few times, it didn’t make the awful juddering noises and I got it to try to print out a nozzle test. The result was that only the very faintest ink could be seen on the paper and not for all the colours and the print head whilst doing it made an unusual skimming noise whilst moving across the paper. On other occasions it didn’t even get that far before the red paper feed light stayed solidly on.

Well, folks, seems Epson has a real problem with their printers and the paper jam sensors. My XP-400 has the same issue and every suggestion I have tried that was listed here has failed to solve the problem. An Epson printer repair center told me to buy a new printer (mine is out of warranty) as the repair cost would probably exceed the cost of a new one. Do you think I'll buy another Epson? NNNOOOTTTT!

Kathy will be eternally grateful.