1

Kathy
23

Error says paper jam, but there is not. What could cause this?

I have an artisan 837 all in one. It was working perfectly fine yesterday. Today it is telling me I have a paper jam. I went through the steps it told me to take 3 times. There is no paper jammed anywhere! each time I would finish with the steps and turn it back on, it would make a grinding sound, and then I get the same paper jam error message. I need some helpful advice if anyone has seen this before, please tell me what I should do.

Edited by: Kathy ( )

1

Nathaniel Miller
43

Hello Kathy, Your printer makes a "grinding sound". This is usually to two areas:

1. Related to the printhead rail. It is either ink residue or dry. Try cleaning it with some water.

2. Paper pick up roller(s) not pick up. Clean them with a terry cloth towel that has a little water or a multi-purpose cleaner.

Good Luck...

I also sent epson a email and the support person told me to move the print head to the left side and try restarting the printer. I tried that 3 times and the grinding sound and the paper jam message still comes up. i am going to try cleaning the rail and see what happens. I can see black ink on the print head rail. I just don't want to damage the printer more. wish me luck.

Kathy,

0

Kathy
23

I talked to Epson yesterday and they are sending me a brand new printer. I had tried to move the print head like they said, but it didn't help at all.

0

Kevin Farrell
1

I have an epson SX445W. It says paper jam. There isn't. What to do?i Kevin Farrell United

Kingdom

0

Nathaniel Miller
43

Kevin, Clean the paper pick up roller with a terry towel and ammonia free multipurpose cleaner or water.

0

bbish
1

I have an Epson Artisan 837 , After several refills of letter sized paper the grey paper guide on the side of paper tray had moved ever so slightly from the Letter Position. The printer would print only 1/2 a page. Very frustrating that such a small deviation would cause this to happen without any mention of possible solutions.

0

Rachael
1

This also happened to me and I tried cleaning the rollers but it didn't help. It turned out to be the actual document. I tried printing several other types of documents (word, JPEG, pdf, etc.) and everything worked except for the png document. So maybe try saving the file under a different format before printing.

I have a espon 400 paper continues to go in sideways

Edward,

0

Andrew
1

So for me the idea of removing all the ink cartridges and reinstalling them one at a time and moving the carriage over to the far left worked. All is working now. Thanks Andrew

0

roseross9
1

MY printer is Epson nx510 and I cannot find any paper jammed and I have new ink- What do you suggest to repair the trouble! Rose

well no luck I removed ink and they are not dry - new- and now it says paper jam and not so and wrong ink but new! help

roseross9,

I have a epson wp-4530 every time i tried air printing from my iphone it keeps saying jammed paper

elizadunne,

Try to clean sensor under printhead.

point200990,

0

point200990
1

Try to clean sensor under printhead.

Edited by: point200990 ( )

0

sft23ball
1

I have two printers..the WF-2540 feeds the paper when I try to print but nothing gets printed on the paper...

the WF-2530 gives me the error message to clear jam but there is no jam. my brother and I have only owned them for a year and really frustrated they both went down within a week of each other. please help if you can.

0

WorkForceFlow
1

I have a WF-3540. I got the same message while trying to print my tax return. What worked for me? After 10 minutes of losing it, I took out all of the ink carts and powered off. The printer asked me to replace the ink. I reinstalled and it worked!

This Month: 1,238