The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a multi-touch, slate-format smartphone with eye-tracking ability, increased storage, and a wireless charging option.

My samsung won't charge, and isn't the battery's fault.

My phone was working fine, and charging fine, but when i woke up in the morning and went to check my phone the battery was at 35%. I unplugged my phone, and then plugged it back in. I waited a couple minutes and then when i checked it, it still wasn't charging. I took my battery out and put it back in after 15 min, and tried again... still nothing. So i took the battery out again and took the battery out of my cousins phone (Same exact phone,) and it still wouldn't charge. I tried plugging his phone in with my battery and it worked fine. So, what should i do? Also if i do need a repair, around how much would it cost? Thanks everyone!

Yeah, mine stopped being able to charge only a few nights ago, and I have bought a replacement battery, and still nothing. I have used someone elses charger that works fine for the same model of their phone. I cleaned out some lint with a toothpick, and still nothing.

I just recently got a new Samsung and it won't charge and I just got a new battery for it...any suggestions?

My Samsung S3 suddenly stopped taking a charge. The lightening bolt was on but the battery level was decreasing! Eventually it went down to 9%. I searched online: changed chargers, changed cables, gently cleaned and blew air in the female contact, changed batteries...nothing. Then I tried charging from my laptop and its working. Great. But now what when I want to charge from the wall outlet again?

I kept surfing for solutions and came to this one by Jens Persson. He said ...

"Solution:

-Turn the phone off

-Remove the battery

-Wait 10 seconds

-Plug in the charger

-Insert the battery

-Turn on the phone (in my case, just held down the power key for a few seconds then it showed charging, finally!)"

Thanks Jens Persson, that solutions worked perfectly...I had already tried everything else to no avail but that method worked!

Thank you, Jens and Ralph. This method works a treat. Annie R.

If you can use someone elses charger and have your phone charge the problem is that your charger is done but before you throw it out try a different cable from the charger to the phone . Cables will often break inside and quit working and still look fine on the outside. but if a cable changer brings no joy you will need to replace the charger

I just had this happen to my phone this morning. Remove the battery, press the power button for 1 minute then it'll work like new!

cant fit charger into the usb plug can it be replaced

Tried it, didn't work.

Worked for me! Thanks!!

Nah mate you know how sometimes the charger port mucks up and you need to hold the charger in a certain position for your phone to charge. It's sorta like that except you'll rarely ever find that certain position again. I have the same problem. You could try replace the charger port. Because I think that's the problem.

Hey! Please help me out!!

My samsung galaxy note2's battery is a year old only and the battery is perfectly fine..but since today morning my battery is getting charged really fast like in every 1 minute from 60% it's directly getting charged to 62%... what should I do???

Guys i have the same exact problem it never pasts 64.but sometimes it gets to 90 which is maximum percentage right now of my phone but when it does it dies very quicky other wise most of the time it never pasts 64 saying approx 1 min. Until fully charged

Try as a first fix to clean the bottom of the phone uUSB socket with a needle. If compacted fuzz is present there its hard to see because it's compacted.

relevant youtube video

Best of luck

when cleaning the port use a toothpick as a needle or anything metal can cause damage to the port

hello everyone ,

i can see how this problem come to many people after a time .

first check the charger cable and power outlet

restart the phone and plug the charger for 5 min and wait

for more steps try out this post Fix phone which is not charging see if this works . this worked for me .

Try this, pull out charger from phone slot and blow into it sharply twice now insert charger back into phone again then press the on switch once, wait 5 min and press on switch again, it should now show it's started charging....well this worked for me.

It seems like the problem is with your phone and not the battery. You may try using a compress air cannister (can air) use to clean computer keyboard and blow air into the charging port of your phone and the USB port on your charger cable. You might want to check with your cell phone provider for repair suggestions.

put it in the microwave and turn it on for 5 minutes

Microwave method worked like a charm!! Thanks Bernie, you Rock!!!

MrSpencer will be eternally grateful.