Model A1224 / Mid 2007 and Early 2008 / 2, 2.4, or 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

571 Questions View all

Which compound and thermal pad should I use?

I am cleaning up the existing thermal compound and pads, but I am not sure what I should replace it with.

Grey thermal paste for the processor, but it looks like there is 2 sorts of pads. See picture,

So what should I buy exactly to replace those pads (pink)?

What is that white paste, where do I buy it?

Block Image

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

Many techs use the Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound. This is a vastly used product that gives good heat transfer to the heatsink. For the pink pads (thermal pads) you can buy them in electronic shops. If often reuse them if there are not damaged or degraded.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2


I think I can reuse the pink pads.

I have bought the Arctic Silver 5 for the process itself.

But what about the white paste used for the memory (I think it is the memory) ? is it a different one?


Add a comment

Add your answer

joelmaranhao will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 2

Past 30 Days: 5

All Time: 231