It worth to buy parts to fix a WET 3GS? (WATER DAMAGE)
1. I've dropped my 3GS 8Gb neverlocked into toilet. (Is my first iPhone and i really like it)
2. I was drying it without stopping it before (stupid idea) so it stopped alone after 1minute maybe.
3. Dry it really good, then kept it in rice for 3-4 days.
4. This was 7-8 days ago ...
- if i connect it to PC is silent/ doing nothing.
- if i connect the charger, the logo appears and then starts working for 2 minutes and then reset/restarts
- while is on i've tried to see what is working: cannot find my SIM, play but cannot hear music, no wifi adress and no IMEI is listed in "about", not sure about GPS and the rest.
- camera is working, LCD and touchscreen, buttons also :)
What do you say? Is it worth to buy parts and try to fix it? What else can i test to see if is working or not?
A friend have a 3GS without LCD (not sure if 8Gb or not) and i can get it for 20-25$. Would be a deal or a waste ?
Is this a good question?