2008/Penryn MacBook (A1181) won't boot from battery
I have a 2008 13" (2.4GHz) white MacBook that will only boot from mains power. If you attempt to boot from the battery it's as if it's not connected. Once you get even past the initial chime, you can pull the magsafe and it will run from the battery fine.
Things I've tried so far:
- Replaced the top case (as I had to replace it anyway, as a result of minor liquid damage)
- Removed the top case and used the power jumper (no change).
- Checked battery status (4/5 lights from batt button)
- Checked magsafe light status (Orange initially, green after a short wait)
- Ran diagnostics (which only reported 4SNS/1/4000000 Th1H-128.000... - a temperature sensor error, looks irrelevant.)
I'm not usually a Mac user, especially when it comes to fixing the hardware, so if my noobs are showing a bit or if I've missed something obvious do correct me!
Is this a good question?