Furby was a popular electronic robotic toy resembling a hamster/owl-like creature which went through a period of being a "must-have" toy following its launch in the holiday season of 1998, with continual sales until 2000. Furbies sold 1.8 million units in 1998, 14 million units in 1999, and altogether in its three years of original production, Furbies sold over 40 million units.

How can I fix for my furby does not speak?

My Furby doesn't not speak and only does the movement.

I thought that it is because of low battery.

Then I changed with new batteries.

But it still doesn't speak.

Having same problem! What can we do?

by Carlos Ortega

Well i kinda have a similar problem only my boom speaks... but also the speaker makes this crackeling noise too. I replaced the speaker but firby still crackeling...out of ideas, what should i do???

by Mimi B

sara, I would get to the "tummy switch" and check the circuit from there. You do have a couple of choices here. Check the switch, then the speaker. Check the connector for both. You will need a multimeter to check those. Follow the schematic to work on your Furby's voice, and check on here for directions on how to skin the Furby. Hope this helps, good luck.

If you have installed fresh batteries, and Furby still won't talk, push the reset button and the tongue at the same time when the Furby is turned on.To turn on the Furby, turn it completely upside down and back upright again.

sara will be eternally grateful.