How can I remove a screen since the suction cup will not stick?

I have an iphone 5 that has shattered down around the home button so the suction cup will not stick. How can i remove the display to replace the screen?

You can put duct tape across the whole screen and then use the suction cup given

I very carefully wedge a thin blade just in very slightly near the bottom left corner. Once you have created a tiny gap you can slide the edge of a guitar pick under. After that's under work around with another guitar pick or plastic prying tool. Please do be careful not to wedge the blade in too far in as there are internal components that could get damaged.

Most Helpful Answer

I used my Garmin GPS suction cup mounting bracket. Worked so easy I couldn't believe it.

you are a genius. Couldn't find a suction cup anywhere, didn't think of looking in my car. Thank you!!!!

As Will mentioned you can use a thin blade to pry up the bottom a bit, then use guitar picks or a nylon probe tool / black stick / spudger to lift it the rest of the way around the edge. iFixit's metal spudgers work well for this - Metal Spudger Set

You might also try a few strips of packing tape over the cracked areas to create a flat surface for the suction cup to adhere to. If you go this route be sure to not tape over the edge of the iPhone otherwise you'll just be securing the display even more.

Metal Spudger Set Image

Product

Metal Spudger Set

$7.95

My face is not shattered and the face still won't release...will a razor blade work for prying the edges?

Hi :)

Here is an excellent guide: iPhone 5 Front Panel Replacement

I saw that article already. My issue is that the suction cup will not stick since the screen is cracked around the home button so I cannot separate the assembly.

I'm sorry. Didn't read the question good enough :p

I use the method that Will mention when the screens are shattered and the suction cup won't stick..

Tape the screen, make sure it covers the whole screen then place your suction cup on. Easy as pie.

Thanks, thin razor blade worked to open the panel.

TJD will be eternally grateful.