Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

What would cause Error 29 in iTunes on iPhone 4

I had a shop recently replace my screen on my iPhone 4. After a few days my phone would keep rebooting after 2 minutes every single time. I closed all the apps and turned everything off, including cellular, 3G, roaming and it still keeps rebooting... So i decided to do a restore via iTunes. Now Every time i do a restore and update I keep getting Error 29 in iTunes. I read that error 29 usually means a bad or incompatible battery. I tried batteries from two different iPhone 4. Both were original batteries. I also tried different computers, different cables and I during the update process it gets 3/4ths done and I'm getting error 29 on iTunes. The phone is back on recovery mode..... I can't get it out of recovery mode and I can't get it to update.....

Could the screen replacement cause this error 29. ? Is there any other way to get out of recovery mode or update my iPhone ?

change ur battery & then do update process 10000% tested

I've been having the exact same problem. I got my screen replaced and since then the battery is having the exact same issues that you described above. How do you change the battery?

iPhone 4 Verizon Battery Replacement

This is for the verizon if it's not the verizon or sprint go to the guide for regular iphone 4

Mike will be eternally grateful.