Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

My 3GS battery replaced and cannot be charged?

Anyone can help? I have just changed my 3GS battery from ifixit.com and everything seems to work. When I tried to charge it, the battery symbol shows a plug but not the lightning. The battery doesn't charge and is draining. Everything else works on the 3GS. I've reopened it and check the connections and they are all in place. Any solutions? Thanks so much.

GIVE TOOLS. FIX FOREVER.

GIVE TOOLS.

FIX FOREVER.

Spread the Fixmas cheer.

GIVE TOOLS. FIX FOREVER.

Spread the Fixmas cheer.

When I replaced my battery, connector #4 would not stay fully seated, so the battery wouldn't charge. I had to put a number of thick tape on top of that connector so that closing the Iphone would put pressure on the connector. So far for six months it has been working.

Connector #4 is intact, that's why there's the plug symbol. But there's no lightning symbol and the battery keeps draining.

Sorry it didn't work. You may want to try a hard reset where you hold down the Home button and On/Off switch until you see the Apple logo. I sometimes have to do that to get my iPhone to start charging.

darrenlifeworks will be eternally grateful.