Repair guides and support for your LG TV.

TV takes hours to turn on

My 42inc LG HDTV 1080 is taking hours to tun on, sometimes it only takes 20 minutes but today I been trying since noon time

What is the model number of your TV?

lg tv can it solved

why is lg plasma storboun to repeai

Really sounds like a power supply issue, probably the electrolytic capacitors. Once the electrolytic caps in the power supply start to go bad they have all sorts of power issues, from taking along time to turning on, or never turning on or turning off randomly. If you are not familiar with capacitor failure in tv's you can do a lot of research on the internet. It's really not a hard fix if you are patient and handy with a screw driver and soldering iron. Heres a good example of what you would expect to see in the power supply if you took the back off.: https://www.google.com/search?q=bad+capa...

I would replace every single electrolytic capacitor in the power supply. Also if you use higher quality capacitors it will last longer than it did before too.

If you are not comfortable with removing them, you could look into buying a complete power board replacement on ebay or bring it into a repair shop. Hope this helps good luck.

Hi, i have an LG 65LB5200 with the same issue. Can I do the same as the previously mentioned!?

hi Brian,

Thanks a lot, your answer is very helpful, we have changed 4 bad capacitors, now my LG TV works well as a new one, and it cost us only 30 $ CAN to fix it by ourseft , thanks a lot again.

Beth

In this situation thats a good approach to finding a solution though I would go for the big electrolytic capacitor first next to the on off switch once you access the board after removing the back cover thats the one thats taking long to charge because of a leakage it has developed then check if solved if not continue replacing one by one .Best of luck

Better for me to get a new one

My baird 37 inch tv comes on when the room is warm and refuses to if its cold lol .

ircania torres will be eternally grateful.