Water damaged MacBook Pro 15 inch late/eraly 2011
A bit of an intro first, im a part time student, full time worker and home owner...and thus relatively poor in terms of spending money. I have always liked Aplle products and loved Macbook's. Sadly i have never owned one due to the costs.
Now through facebook friends i have aquired a Macbook Pro 15 inch (dont know if its late or early 2011 model till i have it my hands) which has had a glass of water spilled over it ONE year ago. The reason why i got this Macbook are
1) that it only costed me 100€ (figured i got nothing to loose seeing loose components going from 100-600€)
2)having fxied numerous Windows PC's and laptops, Apple and android phones before.
I want to fix this Macbook and have it in working order, my plan for now is:
1) To boot is once to see if it's actually not working (the guy im buying it from is some trendy photographer, figured he might now even checked the Macbook after a few days of drying and just tossed it and buoght/gotten a new one)
2) Take it apart, clean is with lab-grade 99% alcohol (1%isopropyl) twice and air dry.
3) Boot it again and diagnose as following.
The reason why i am stating this is:
1) Is this the right order, im kinda questioning if i should boot it up in the first place and just go clean immediatly.
2) Is the one year waiting period gonna enhance the damage much, i figured (could very wel be wrong) that the damage from water would be ionic corrosion on parts, not actual rust seeing the atmosphere inside the machine and the u know corrosion resistant materials im assuming used in the type of electronics.
Thanks in advance for any answers, all tips are welcome!
(The Netherlands, sorry for the English.)
well il be getting the MAcbook somewhere in the coming week ill be sure to keep u updated and probably ask some more detailed questions
thank you for your replies so far
Is this a good question?