Stuck in continuous apple logo loop, turns off when cable removed?

Hi there.

My iPhone 5 (model A1429) will not boot into iOS.

When the power cable is connected, the iPhone boots up initially and displays the apple logo for ~3.5 seconds. Then it goes to a blank screen for another ~2 seconds and the process repeats (indefinitely it seems - at least at this point).

When the power cable is removed, the screen instantly goes blank again. Nothing happens if I press the power button when the iPhone is not connected.

I can get the iPhone into recovery mode by holding the home button before I plug it in, and then it stays on the recovery screen, not coming on and off like the apple logo was earlier. Again, when I unplug the cable it goes back to a powerless blank screen.

The iPhone is detected on iTunes in recovery mode and I have attempted to restore it, using both my MacBook and a Windows PC. Each time, it results in an error at the point when the iPhone appears to restart. I see Error 2001 on the MacBook and Error 21 on the windows PC.

I've updated to the latest iTunes version, restarted the computer several times, and tried different USB ports.

I was also able to get the iPhone into DFU mode, where the screen was blank—but it was recognized in iTunes as being in recovery mode. Just as before, the device will not restore, and I get various error codes across my Mac and PC.

I have since opened the device up and confirmed that the battery is securely attached to the logic board.

It is also worth mentioning that my iPhone is no longer under warranty.

At this point. my assumption is that the battery itself is dead, and won't hold any charge, which is why the device shuts off immediately after removing the power cable. Does this seem reasonable and should I order a new battery? Any other suggestions?

Many thanks,

Bradley

Any advice? many thanks

my friend replaced the battery but it still does it what do i do?

i have the same prob

Its just the problem with battery connector..take it to service centre..jst a minute away you are from fixing the problem.or either you can do it urself if you have knowledge to connect it properly.

basically its because one of the components on your logic board has burnt out i think, i mean i checked inside and it looked like one of them had burnt out

In most cases, you can solve these problems by putting the phone into recovery mode and restoring it from backup. To do that, follow these instructions:

1. Connect the iPhone's USB cable to your computer, but not your iPhone.

2. Turn your iPhone off. If the phone won't turn off in the traditional manner, just keep holding the buttons until the screen goes dark.

3. Once you've turned the device off, press the home button on the face of the device and plug in the USB cable to the device's dock connector.

4. When it turns on, keep pressing the home button until the iTunes logo appears on the screen.

5. You'll know the phone is now in recovery mode because a window in iTunes will tell you.

6. You can then start the restore process by clicking the "Restore" button in the iTunes window.

I think it is one of the most important info for me.

thank you, it works :)

bingo..!!!

its bang on..it works...

Thanks ya.. it worked

my phone wont even turn on when its plugged in to the computer only a wall outlet

In addition to force restarting and DFU mode restore, there are still other solutions for fixing iPhone stuck on Apple logo:

Press and hold the Power and Home buttons till the screen is black, press and hold Volume Up and Power buttons until Apple logo reappears, and then release the Power button but keep holding the Volume Up button till you see the lock screen.

Restore or update the iPhone in recovery mode. If you see any error codes iTunes, you can find the exact issue in the article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204770

Use a third-party software to reinstall the iOS without restoring.

<Edited by Host>

Hi I have the same problem but the most bad thing is that, my home button isn't working. And my iphone cannot function as I press the power button and home button at the same time.... And I pressed down the volume up botton and nothing happens. It doesn't show up the lock screen. Please help me.. What should I do? When it's charging the apple logo shows up but it is continuous process.

replace the battery solves the problem half the time

Crazy how ot all works. Scary in many ways . Funny 2017 and they cant figure out how ro fix apple logo looos thats BS they can figure this ouf but likeky tbey already know it all . ,control freaks. Battery fixed mine 123 and done

Thats how we roll ant ACW simple attitude simple gear.

In order to get the iPhone out of the Apple logo loop, you can try DFU mode as below:

Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time for 10 seconds. Then, release the Power button while holding the Home button for another 15 seconds.

thankyou so much this really helped :D

My phone won't turn on at all now :/

just like hannah my phone wont turn on at all now either after doing this??

if anyone does see this, mine goes to charger cable pointed to itunes on screen.

if this happens to you, connect it to you laptop to recover and restore your iphone.

i try and try but it says its going to reastore it but it just goes back to the apple logo again and does the loop and stays like that

This article might help

Have you tried this with another usb cable? The cable might be damaged. It can also be the battery not charging. Try cleaning out the data port to make sure that it has a good connection with the usb cable.

The fact that it won't stay on is troubling. I think you have to fix this problem first before you try to restore it.

I Think You Might Wanna Reset The settings Checkout https://goo.gl/8QduzX

There is a way though so make sure you follow these instructions carefully:

1. Hold the home and power buttons down together

2. The Apple logo should disappear from your screen

3. After a couple of minutes it should reappear – when it does, release the buttons

4. Quickly hold them both down again until your device goes off

5. Plug the USB cable into your computer (not to your device yet)

6. Hold the Home button down and plug the cable to your device

7. When you see the Connect to iTunes screen, release the button

8. iTunes will open and the Device in Recovery message will appear

Click on Restore

If the method can't fix your problem, you may try this tool.

Steps to Fix iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo Issue

Only way of getting the phone out of the "connect to iTunes" screen is to restore it through iTunes. There is no way around it.

https://is.gd/ONMFZb

Bradley Kirwan, start by replacing the battery. If that does not yield any results, I'd consider a new dock connector. After that, you are looking at power management circuitry issues, on the logic board.

hey guys im having a problem my iphone 5s died and i plugged it in and it went to the boot logo and it just stays on the logo i hold power and home torestart it amd it just stays on the logo please help

did you ever find the solution to this? It's happened to me with my 5c and I don't know what to do

This happened to me too. I did the whol hold down power and home button for 10 seconds then release the power buttom and just hold down the home button for a urther 15 and eventually it turned on. Like 20 seconds later though so weird, and it was fully charged.

5c's suck

By the sounds of things sounds like you need a new battery, this should solve the issue. :-)

Thank you Ged, your method worked.

No problem! :)

hie mine just flashes the logo only when connected to the charger,iphone 5

This means it's not seeing your battery, replace battery, if that doesn't solve it, possibly faulty replacement, if not, check battery connector for damage and surrounding components.

I tried almost all the methods above that didn't require money or prying open the case. I ended up getting an iPhone 5 battery replacement kit from iFixit.com, not even realizing they were the same folks as this blog I'd followed to try and fix my issue. The replacement battery worked right away for me. Had to put in DFU mode then restore, but it worked after trying everything else. Thanks to everyone who posted solutions!

My phone won't even turn on. It stays off. I've held down the power button without it plugged into the charger. When I tried the method of holding the home button then the power button down for 25 seconds, it didn't work. I've looked at other answers and it talks about the IPhone turning on or being turned on, but my IPhone 5 will not turn on. It stays a blank and black screen without the charger plugged into it. And when the charger is plugged into it I get the annoying Apple Logo loop. SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS OR HELP WITH THIS ANNOYING PROBLEM!!!!!!

Thanks to the suggestions here, I was able to fix my wife's "broken" iPhone 5. She recently dropped it while in a case. It didn't crack or suffer any obvious damage, but it refused to turn on without the charger connected. We tried to do the iTunes update and restore but neither worked. It would go to the Recovery screen but never beyond.

After reading about broken batteries, I opened it up and discovered... bad quality control from the manufacturer. It was missing 2 screws from the upper cable bracket, but more importantly, it was missing the entire bracket that secures the battery connector in place. This cable had popped out when it hit the floor so it wouldn't power up on its own. I reconnected it and reassembled it and it came up right away.

After doing an update through iTunes, everything was back to normal. Now, I am a hero! The battery idea made sense, but I expected to see it broken. Unplugged was easier to fix and cheaper.

Maybe you should try to restore your iPhone with different tool.

Replace with new battery and dock connector and restore it will work

I had this problem with my iPhone 5s. I placed the phone in recovery mode by syncing it to a computer through a USB cable while holding down the home button. That broke the vicious cycle. (I did not let the recovery process continue because I didn't let iTunes open). I let it charge for a bit, and the next time I plugged it into the charger, it was able to charge normally. I did not need to recover my phone.

I have a solution about how to fix this problem from Tunesbro

Try to fix iPhone stuck on Apple logo in DFU Mode:

1. connect the iPhone to the USB Cable and open iTunes

2. turn off the iPhone

3. press and hold Sleep/Power and Home button for 10 seconds

4. release the Sleep/Power button but keep Home pressed

5. iTunes should recognize an iPhone in recovery mode

I have the same issue. I'd tried several times to restore my device on iTunes but it doesn't work. Now I currently fixing my iPhone 5s using "iMyfone D-Back tools"... And let try this one. I hope it will work. I'll post for it if fixed my device.

you never said if it worked or not

I had a iPhone 6 that I I left outside and it got rained on...

I let it dry completely but it keeps on showing the apple symbol over and over again,I fully cleaned the mother board with rubbing alcohol,do you think the battery is the problem?

Put your iPhone into recovery mode to fix iPhone stuck on Apple Logo.

1)Plug the device's USB cable into your computer only.

2)Hold down the device's Home button as you connect the USB cable to it.

3)When you see the Connect to iTunes screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 one more time.

Or you can just find out FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery and see if you can get any help from this tool. I think it is better than let your iPhone die...

thank you so much man I tried holding the home and power button plus too many other ways people were saying and this is the only one that worked. all the other ones would connect my phone to itunes for maybe a second then it would just turn off again and just show the flashing apple logo.(iphone 5c)

Thank you very much for your opinion and it worked on my iPhone..!

Thanks for your tips, it help me a lot. Then FonePaw software you suggest is really helpful.

Try rebooting it at first i.e press and hold the power and the home button together for 10 seconds. If that does not work connect the phone to your computer and open up iTunes if it detects your phone try to restore (it will clear up all your data).

If both that above techniques fail then you will have to go to DFU mode by the following process to fix iPhone stuck on Apple logo;

Connect to the computer

Turn off your phone

Hold the power button for 3 seconds

Hold both the power and home button for 10 seconds

Release the power button but keep holding the home button for 15 seconds

Itunes will then alert you that your phone is in recovery mode

Follow the instruction in iTunes to restore your phone.

I managed to get mine fixed by opening up the phone. Turns out, it was just the battery cable that came loose... It could also be the motherboard though, but mine was just the battery cable...

I suggest taking it to Apple to get them to open it up for you, or if you want to do it yourself, use patience and a really tiny screw-driver and a suction cup to pry the screen up. I decided that my phone was already screwed, it couldn't get any more screwed up anyway, so just opened it, and after reconnecting the loose cable, it works perfect again, so yay.

Heres how I managed to fix my iphone 4.

My problem was the same. Phone would restart again and again from apple logo. It wouldnt move further.

I tried restarting in DFU mode, tried to update and restore. But phone would keep restarting from apple logo mode..

I doubted it might be some battery problem or some hardware problem. So I opened the phone, I came to know that the one who opened the phone b4 me dint put the screws in connector of battery. So it was loose. So I manage to tighten it and tried to update and restore.

Bingo, that was the issue. The connector was loose so it just wouldnt move further. Now phone is installing the software.

Problem solved.

I have had the same problem, and it turned out that my battery cable was not connected.

I lost my battery cable-metal cover and i dropped my iphone. I think that what caused it to disconnect.

So if you had your phone opened previously or replaced anything like the screen or the battery or anything by yourself or by someone else, you may want to check on your cables again.

Hello guys my iPhone 4 even after I left it on charge all night still indicates low battery so I can't get it through those processes. What should I do?

I met the same problem. And I fixed it by entering the DFU mode

Iphone 6 ::

Same Problem , i Put half an hour on Charger now it works Fine

EXACT same problem here. bradley. when you say "recovery mode", do you mean that you get a screen that has an image of cable and a url a top that says something like "www.apple.com/support"? sure i've got this....while plugged into the wall connector, but immediately after i unplug to transfer to computer the phone powers off. useless.

i was told the phone was 'dropped' hmmm...now the phone just goes through a continuous loop of of apple logo, black screen, and sometimes a flash of a solid red screen.

the phone will not loop if connected to computer through usb...it just basically is dead. well sometimes it will give a glimmer of hope when connected to computer, such as going through the logo, black screen sequence once, but immediately shuts down.

basically it will not power up unless directly connected to a wall charger. none of the recovery boot up sequencing has been successful...and i've tried them all, multiple times. believe me, i have.

i'm guessing the it could be a battery issue, or circuitry. seems like my software troubleshooting is not working, so time to investigate hardware issues.

what tools do i need to crack this little open?

Hello, I had this problem where it was stuck in a bootloop only when plugged into a wall outlet but suddenly shut off after unplugging. I solved it by taking the screen off and unplugging the battery for 10-15 seconds. Plugged into the computer and BAM it worked. :) Try this and let me know.

Usually battery replace and restore in DFU works well.

Bradley Kirwan will be eternally grateful.

Past 24 Hours: 1,578

All Time: 1,199,067