Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

No sound except from headphone jack

I have no sound except for what comes out when headphone jack is being used. No ring, no text, no music, no clicks - Nothing! I have replaced the dock connector - has not corrected the problem. Not sure what to replace next. Perhaps the Speaker Enclosure? Volume button is not on vibrate and indicates Ringer Volume, not Head Phone. Prior to replacing the dock connector after reading numerous information online suggesting this may be the culprit, I did all updates, reset to factory setting, etc. Nothing I've not done software wise. Running iOS 7.0.4. I was also experiencing this with iOS 6.13. This phone has been well taken care of - no water damage, cleaned the headphone jack as recommended online and brushed out the dock connector. Nothing loose nothing when phone opened up. Thank you iFixit for great guides along with input from users.

@Kat, just wondering why you accepted an answer that obviously did nit help, but did not accept the answer by iDoctor which did....

Oldturkey03 - I "accepted" Robert John's answer in error and hopefully fixed that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Have you tried a new loud speaker?

No, just the dock connector. Thoughts as to why this might work? Not opposed to spending $$, just want to fix or get a new phone.

The loud speaker is what produces your ringtones, music, videos.. all that stuff so it could just be a malfunction in the speaker.

iDoctor - I ordered a loud speaker the other day and should be able to have installed by Monday. Thanks for input and will report back as to whether it's fixed or not.

iDoctor - I replaced the Loud Speaker and all is good. Thank you. Hopefully we're good to go. Thanks for your input and much thanks for iFixit for all the resources. Excellent site!

@iDoctor, nice answer, but careful with the "our webpage and like us on facebook" it could invoke a spam filter:-)

Kat will be eternally grateful.