Keyboard wasn't working intermittently. Now MBP won't boot
First of all thanks for these very helpful guides. Here is my problem.
I have received a MBP on which the keyboard and trackpad intermittently stopped working. I knew it was a hardware problem as it happened straight at boot time.
I first suspected a loose connection, so I did steps 1 to 14 of this guide :
And then reversed it. That way I had removed connections and put them back. Still no success.
I googled a bit more and found this :
I tried it, and it worked perfectly. I just used electric tape to create a bump over the ribbon. When the battery went in place, everything worked perfect... For 2 hours.
I then wanted to check if the tape wasn't overheating, I removed the battery slot while the power was plugged. Computer powered off, and then wouldn't turn back on.
I went on and redid all the previous disassembly/reassembly with no success...
Any idea where this could come from??
Thanks a lot,
A few more hints, dunno if they are of any use :
- Tried booting WITH and WITHOUT battery in : Nothing
- Tried booting WITH and WITHOUT the power adapter : Nothing
- Tried moving/pressing the orange ribbon while trying to boot : Nothing
- Tried shorting the PWR solder dots : Nothing
- I left the computer as it was (powered off) with the battery in and not plugged to the power for a few hours: The battery went from fully charged to fully discharged.
- After plugging in the adapter, the battery doesn't seem to be charging after 45mn (according to the owner, when her battery used to be fully discharged, it would always take 10 to 20 mn before she could power the MBP back up. Not using the original power adapter)
Is this a good question?