Unable to sync iPhone. Best way to grab data off the SSD?
I water damaged my iPhone 4s. It was then professionally cleaned.
- Can power on and boot normally when connected to wall power.
- No battery charge; must be connected to *wall* power.
- Data still there. Has not been lost/overwritten.
- Cannot sync with computer (short circuit and powers off when connected to a computer).
- Cannot use Wifi/Bluetooth/Cell/etc.
When connected to wall power, I can boot the phone and open my photos.
So the data is still "safe" on the phone. I just seemingly have no way of getting it and saving it to a backup! Very frustrating.
Because I cannot sync via cable or any wireless options, I now need to figure out a way to get the data off the phone.
Is there a way to remove the flash storage from my phone, and attach it to an external power source, external sync, etc.?
Do any companies offer this service?
Hardcore "forensic" data recovery should not be needed. The data has not been erased or overwritten. I do not have a way to get that data to my computer.
Is this a good question?