0

brenda
1

Kindle fire shattered screen repair

our kindle fire has a shattered screen. It still works well but the glass is shattered and we need to know which part to order and how to replace it.

0

Digital Plumbing
113

In regard to the repair, have a look here

Kindle Fire HD 2013 Teardown

Probably the best you'll get for a guide at the moment

in regard to a screen, you'll need to hunt eBay, pretty much the only way to get kindle parts is from pre-used kindles. The problem is the age. you need to find someone who has a broken kindle but a working screen they can sell. because these are all still under warranty. if an internal part fails Amazon will replace it.

You can set up an eBay search for the part and in advanced search you can set eBay to email you new results as they come in every day.

0

Phillip Beatty
1

If you are able to use it with no color lines or whiteouts, then the only thing that might need to be replaced is the LCD display glass. you can get it on eBay for anywhere from $30 to $45. If you are spending over $70 on the display, you are purchasing the digitizer as well, which you probably don't need…. unless you break it while replacing the glass, which is easy to do.

If you aren't very handy at small item repairs (some of the pieces might be so small that tweezers and magnifying glasses would be useful), then go with the complete display replacement (including digitizer).

Either that or you could have your neighborhood "geek" fix it for you and pay her/him a small fee plus parts. I bet it would be easy to find a techy that would do it for $75 or less… including parts! That's what I would charge.

0

juan medina
1

i need buy a lcd display glass for my new kindle fire 7 " 2013 please send me a link to my email., srfuego6@gmail.com thanks for all your help.

0

Jonathan James
367

There are two types of digitizers for the kindle fire. Here are the two options. Which one do you have?

Kindle Fire Flex A

Kindle Fire Flex B

Edited by: Jonathan James ( )

0

Thomas Spurling
1

I need one for a Kindle Fire HD 7" without camera. All I have found on ebay etc are those with camera hole. i was told my device is 2013 model "that is the difference". Any ideas ?