The Kenmore 110 Series is an easy to use home Washing machine created by Kenmore.

washer makes very loud noise during spin cycle

Washer makes very loud noise during the spin cycle (it does not make the load noise during any other cycles). The load is balanced and the drum is not wabbling side to side.

I have the same problem, its the drum bearings and seal. The seal leaks and water gets in the bearings and destroys them, hold the outer drum then try to move the inner drum, if it moves at all its gone!!

I'm going to pull mine apart and goto an auto parts place to match them! If that don't work will try to find them by the old part number on each one, I have two bearings and one seal. Good luck!

Dan

I have this problem too and now just noticed that it is spitting grease out in splatter pattern on the floor. Is it hard to change the bearings?

Dan,

Please give us the model number of your machine and we'll get you to the correct parts. An auto parts place is not going to have what you need.

If the washer is making a loud noise in the spin cycle, the clutch assembly might be worn out. The clutch assembly makes the connection between the transmission and the inner tub. It is designed to allow the tub to get up to the proper spin speed gradually. As the clutch wears out it may become loud during spin or just after the spin cycle finishes. The clutch is not repairable, if it is loud or not working properly it will need to be replaced.

This is probably the part you need: http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/C...

Mine wasn't spinning unless u started it by hand. Then started making a very loud banging noise. Replaced the clutch and brake, spins great now but still makes banging noise.

My Kenmore is on spin making a loud grinding noise and doesnot spin, what is it?

Dan will be eternally grateful.