0

volkswagenslave
1

Need Microsoft Surface Pro Glass/Digitizer/LCD replacement parts.

I am the proud new owner of a Broken Surface Pro. The previous owner didn't see a use: but I want to fix it.

I can find replacements for the RT but nothing that is the spec of the Pro LCD. As removing the glass from the LCD is more laborious than just replacing the whole assembly; I would like to know if one is available?

Will the RT LCD/Digitizer work on the Pro?

0

We Fix Wireless Salem
1

I can't seem to find anything but the LCD for the Pro. Answer to the RT Display working on the Pro is a big NO. Very different connectors.

Check Amazon they have it for 107.00

ffloe,

0

Ibrahim Alomar
1

I found on eBay the glass only or the complete LCD kit in addition to the required tools

Buy the whole LCD and glass replacement removing just the glass is very hard and very easy to damage the LCD base. The glass is glued to the LCD bases and a big project separating the two!!!

ffloe,

0

Eleazar Carmeli
1

Hey anyone got any news on where to get new digitizer glass screens ?

i got a cracked screen surface pro off ebay cheap works perfect with the pen, obviously the touch doesnt work but since i do mostly zbrush and drawing touch really isnt a big deal to me.

i noticed on my unit that the cracked glass wants to flake of from a trasparent film underneath it so i am tempted to remove the glass (bit by bit and replace it with piece of regular glass cut from a glass shop.

while im certain this will pro negate the touch capability it may at least give me a non-cracked screen to look at.

before i go ahead with this though any suggestions from peeps

1 anyone know where to get a 3rd party replacement glass ? for less then 300 ?

2 anyone try removing the glass form the lcd ( i lifted up a 1/4inch from a corner very gently without damaging it so i know its possible.

3 anyone have any suggestions on using regular glass ?

1. The touch (digitizer) is normally part of the glass. Sometimes it isn't and regular glass can be used. I recommend avoiding 3rd party glass until you know which one you are dealing with. I have not seen any assemblies under $300. You might as well buy a DOA pro with a good screen assembly for around $300, that way you have some spare parts too and not just a screen assembly. 2. That clear film is likely LOCA. The same removal and replace process is similar to cell phones. It is very labor intensive and very risky for beginner repairs. 3. See #1.

utterbackkenta,

0

Ralph
1

For less than 300 (280 to be exact) Microsoft will replace your unit for you.. At least that is what they offer regarding my own cracked-glass-surface pro 2..

0

guinniii
1

I have the same issue computer works perfectly but I have broken glass and probably a digitizer by the time I remove the broken glass. I found surface 2 glass and digitizer on eBay and everything looks the same from what I can tell by the pictures of anyone has that answer or a link to find one at a reasonable price I would be forever greatful. Thanks for the help Marland G

0

Eleazar Carmeli
1

Do not but the replacement glass almost impossible to fix. Call microsoft will cost 300 to replace for a surface pro 128 but they exchange it for a working refurb

0

Fernando Aguiar
1

Hi any one have place sell Microsoft surface pro 2 touch glass RT pro not work cable its different connector check all place USA maybe son one have any information for fine this parts only touch glass ,my email its ferausa@gmail.com thanks all for attention