Released June 2012, Model A1278. Intel processor with Turbo Boost, Up to 512 MB DDR5 Video RAM

Keyboard water damage, can I replace just the keyboard?

I'm looking to get some advice. My partner has a Mid 2012 Macbook Pro 13". She spilt some water on her keyboard.

The Macbook boots up fine, the backlight works fine. However some of the keyboard keys malfunction (mostly the bottom row). For example, when you press 'c' key it types 'cd' etc...

Does this mean that it is only the keyboard that is damaged? Can I buy a replacement keyboard and replace it myself? Or does the malfunctioning suggest it's another problem?

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

The logic board is fairly well protected from spills. *0% just require an uppercase replacement. YIt needs to be opened and the logic board inspected for any liquid damage. To test if the logic board is working OK, hook up an external keyboard and mouse and see if all works well.

Here's how to replace it: MacBook Pro 13" Unibody Mid 2012 Upper Case Replacement

Alex Krijanovski will be eternally grateful.