Can I swap an A1342 LCD for a A1278 LCD?

My A1278 (unibody MacBook Pro) display is cracked.

Can I take the LCD off an A1342 model (white polycarbonate MacBook, 2009) and put it in the place of the one on the MacBook Pro?

Or, is it possible to swap the entire display assembly?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Ever fixed something? That’s Genius.

Share your repair story with #ImAGenius

We Are All Geniuses

Share your repair story with #ImAGenius

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

Parts catalog says Unibody Mid 2009 (Model A1278 Mid 2009/Mid 2010) fits into:

  • 2.26 GHz (Mid 2009)
  • 2.53 GHz (Mid 2009)

The A1278 models are

* MacBook 13" Unibody 2 GHz

* MacBook 13" Unibody 2.4 GHz

So I'd say no. If you already have the cracked display out on the back there's a manufactures sticker with a part number on it. Google can help you find a replacement LCD.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1
Add a comment

Add your answer

Marcus McLean will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 2

All Time: 307