Repairs for most tablet computers. Because of their small size and frequent use of adhesive, tablet repair is often more involved than laptop repair.

What kind of adhesive for tablets and phones?

So...I'm seeing a lot of the tear downs mention "adhesive." I'm wanting to buff up my repair tools before I need to use them and I would like to know what is a good kind to get that works across multiple setups (e.g. tablets, phones, etc.).

Suggestions?

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

I personally use a 3M 1055 2mm Double Sided Hi-Temp Tape. Its almost clear after backing and top are removed and works very well. Also bonds better with temp applied like from a heat gun. I use it in iPods, iPads, and for a few things in iPhones. Also found it works well in most other devices. You can purchase this tape cheaply online and the rolls generally last quite awhile.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, not a 1055 tape.....its 9080. Must have been thinking of something else. 3M 9080 Hi temp Tape.

majorhandicap will be eternally grateful.