Second generation of iPhone. Model A1241 / 8 or 16 GB capacity / black or white plastic back. Repair is more straightforward than the first iPhone. requires screwdrivers, prying, and suction tools.

Dock Connector does not connect to battery

I ordered a new battery and a dock connector, and upon disassembling my phone I noticed that the connectors were not similar. The new one did not have the "#7" connector and the #4 connector is not correctly connecting to the hardware. Does this mean I was sent the incorrect connector, or how do I make it work? Or can you send the information that I need to fix it?

I have not had the time to put a lot of effort into it, so I have run past the return time, so I cannot return the one I have.

corey62931, the 3GS should have a cable number 7, not the 3G. Verify that you are having a 3G iPhone , not a 3Gs. If you do have a 3GS, then your new part is a 3G dock connector. Hope this helps, good luck.

corey62931 will be eternally grateful.