A Windows 8 laptop series by Acer with Intel Core i3 or i5 CPU.

Black screen after downloading Windows 8.1

Hello. So I got my laptop this summer and I haven't got any problems with it, before today. Yesterday I updated my computer to Windows 8.1. After I did it, it said that I needed to restart. But I did that later, because I was doing my homework. Before I went to sleep, I turned my computer off. And it was updating too. Next day after school. I turned on my laptop and wrote my password, which I do normally. But after when it logs in, the screen is all black. How can I fix this?

Hi update your graphic card drivers .

How? I have same problem but after entering pw like normal it just goes black can see the mouse but nothing els , please elaborate on your solution

Hi same here as anyone come up with a solution yet

I have had a SIMILAR problem with my windows 8.1 desktop a while ago. I repeat, SIMILAR. Not exactly the same, but it might help. It was a while ago, so I may not remember some of it, sorry if it's not helpful. I was playing a game and the game crashed, and I remember my computer getting stuck on a black screen. What I remember doing was turning the computer off than on again and giving it some time. Again, I do not quite remember what happened, but I'm hoping this might help.

Michelle will be eternally grateful.