The Kenmore Elite HE3 is a washing machine by Kenmore.

Door makes clicking noise and won't lock or start

Washing machine makes a clicking noise when we close the door but it won't lock or start.

Here is the fix to your clicking locks! I fixed it, so can you! Fix it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbb-PS5R...

I have a little different problem brand new Kenmore high efficiency washer dryer whenever I open the dryer door the lid on the washer clicks and locks and if it's up it will just click Kenmore says there's no way that they can talk to each other that the computers inside don't talk to each other will they definitely talk to each other

Who the !&&* n y did they put a lid lock on it anyways omg

That's an interesting problem. I would have to get the voltage checked to see if that would be causing the intermittent locking. Did they install them?

Door or Lid Latch Assembly

If the washer lid or door won't lock the lock and switch assembly might be defective. This is a very common problem. The lock and switch assembly can fail either mechanically or electrically. Test any electrical switches with an Ohm meter for continuity. The switches should have continuity according to their design.

Door Lock Motor and Switch Assembly

Door Lock

If the door won't latch, the door lock assembly might be defective. These are normally made of plastic and cannot be repaired. If the door won't latch and the door lock is broken, replace it.

Enter your model number to see parts for your washing machine.

Main Control Board

If the washer door won't unlock the problem might be the main control board. This is not common. Normally the problem is with the lock mechanism.

I get a constant LID code. The lid lock mechanism will click when I play with the bolt. Any way to get around the lid lock?

When I use a small screwdriver to "lock" the lid I get a du code

There is a pull tab/ring located at the bottom of the door lock mechanism which can be manually pulled down in order to unlock the door.

NOTE: Disconnect the power cord from the power source before removing the access panel.

Reach up along the handle side of the door and pull down on the pull ring/tab to unlock the door. You will hear a click when pulled and then manually pull the door open. The door lock assembly will likely need to be replaced. I added the instruction in the first image below.

So this has gotten me by many times. Remove the lid from the top by taking out two bolts on the back. After you slide The top off you will see Pink wires on the right. They connect to the hub at the top rear. Wiggle the connections on each and make sure they are tight ( you may want to unplug it first) just wiggle not force. Make sure the door is shut and make a selection. Push start. If that didn't get it try it again. I've had to do it as many as four times but once the connectors are secure it works again. Sometimes for a few months. Sometimes a couple weeks. Hope it works for you. Don't use a hammer :)

Rick, I'm not going to ban hammer you. But I would like you to rethink your answer. Giggling the wire four times worked, right, and it works for a couple of weeks to a couple of months. That is what I am hearing you state. My solution would be to actually fix the problem, go in and repair the connection so that it lasts years and doesn't short out the machine and actually lasts. But that's just me, I could be wrong.

I replaced the lock mechanizum and it still will not start without a lot of trying it just clicks over and over.lock mech went out bought new one and now it to does exactly the same as old one ..kenmore should be held to replace these or do something better

Is it showing an error code?

The error code is "dL".

I get the same, F dL. I've also replaced the lock mechanism and same clicking noise then error message.

I have the same clicking then the same error code, so frustrating

I have found that aggressive cursing and swearing and lamentions and general expressions of rage and self doubt, coupled with a steady beat of spit and spiteful disgust directed toward kenmore, that soul-lacking, vacuous, dead-eyed corporation that could create such a garbage locking mechanism as this.. well, anyway, I have found that if I go express and that to the machine when my wife and kid are in another room and if all do all that and shake my fists at the machine while I work through all 7 stages of grief if I do all that..!then 63% of the time such a sequence is 100% effective. Plus I jiggle the door and latch a little. That helps.

Love your entertaining spin! A sense of humor helps in most situations...at least for you, 63% of the time.

Please join the volunteers who provide answers, you're my kind of man ;-)

josephine will be eternally grateful.