1998 Mazda Protege Starter
Where is the starter and is there any helpful free guides??
Is this a good question?
Brian, the starter is located between transmission and engine down intake manifold. Look for number 17 in the diagram
• When the battery cables are connected, touching the vehicle body with starter terminal B will generate sparks. This can cause personal injury, fire, and damage to the electrical components. Always disconnect the battery before performing the following operation.
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Remove the intake manifold bracket.
4. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
5. Install in the reverse order of removal.
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 8
Past 7 Days: 63
Past 30 Days: 306
All Time: 12,370