The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a multi-touch, slate-format smartphone with eye-tracking ability, increased storage, and a wireless charging option.

Why is my screen Purple/Pink

I dropped my screen and it didn't turn on for an hour and then turned back on. After it turned on it had a purpleish pinkish screen with a black square on the top left of the screen! I can barely see because of the pink/purple screen. PLEASE HELP!!!!

So my phone has this purple stuff HELP!!!

Okay, so yes i have a few cracks in my screen but i was taking a shower, when i got done i went on twitter and stuff it was working perfectly fine and i set it down and it start glitching out and turning pink/purple and it turns on but it is constantly pink and i don't know how to fix it or what is wrong with it. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might be the oled glass but this is quite pricey. Tip, point a uv led at it and view off axis, if only part of screen fluoresces it has internal damage.

I had this same problem too. I just restarted my phone and the colour went back to normal.

Sounds like you killed the LCD screen in the fall. Are you up to fixing your phone your self? Do you have the patience and the tools? If not you should try to find someone who can fix it for you.

If your up to it you'll need to review the IFIXIT guide Samsung Galaxy S III Front Panel Assembly Replacement and locate a new Front Panel Assembly.

Hi my friend protended to dropp my new phone. im only 12 so i cant really fix it myself but my mum said that i cant get a new phone because i always break things but this time it wasnt me. is getting a new screen going to work or do i need to get a new phone. thanks if you answear.

@mint frost, yes that should fix it. A new display is around $60 USD and it is not to difficult to repair. Here is the guide for it.

Ever hour or so my screen will turn purple and I didn't drop it and every time it does that it gets darker till I can't see the screen but it Slowly goes away I don't know what to do should I get a new phone

Hanna try restarting your phone

Sorry, that won't help. Somehow you damaged the screen, time for a new one.

My phone had a purple outline of a box in the middle with spots mainly on the edge of the screen and restarting didn't do anything. I didn't drop it or spill anything on it so what do I do?

Most likely your screen is damaged, you'll need to replace it.

I shattered my galaxy s7 a few days ago and I got it replaced with a new screen. Now in the upper left hand side of my phone has purple smudge on it. It keeps getting bigger and bigger. I just don't know what to do

Hi, please I mistakenly dropped my phone in water and I did clean it before I switched it on, it was only for some minutes and went multi colored. Please what should I do

Use blower . Hot air at low power for constantly few hours. It will make that water in the display causing pink smudge gone for sure. In sha Allah..

My phone is also the same problem. ..

Now pink shade , my phone is rooted, so I have a dout is it the reason. ..

Timothy will be eternally grateful.