Late 2011 model, A1278 / 2.4 GHz i5 or 2.8 GHz i7 processor.

Is this error 4SNS/1/c0000008:TSOP--124 belong to Heatsink sensor

My macbook pro 13 late 2011.

fan run speed from the began speed up to 6200rpm, and i made AHT and get this error (4SNS/1/c0000008:TSOP--124), I google it and i want to make sure if it from heatsink, so if it i can change it just for 30$ , or i have to change all motherboard?

please help me......

GIVE TOOLS. FIX FOREVER.

GIVE TOOLS.

FIX FOREVER.

Spread the Fixmas cheer.

GIVE TOOLS. FIX FOREVER.

Spread the Fixmas cheer.

I would try a different tool here to isolate what the sensors and fan are doing. Download from the App Store Temperature Gauge (there are other similar temp & fan monitoring apps).

While AHT is giving you a heat error it is not able to tell you what the failure is because it can't in this case. It does not see a defect, only a condition (high heat).

More likely your system needs a good cleaning, dust and debris is likely clogging the fans ability to cool the system, the heat sink fins are clogged, and the logic board is coated with dust.

You'll need a ESD mat & wrist strap, a soft painters brush a can of can'ed air plus, the needed tools to open your system up. Carefully scrub the case and logic board with the brush, then blow some air to push the dust out. Repeat this on the heat sink fins and fan. just be careful in blowing the fan blades you don't want to blow them to hard.

Put your system back together and see how its doing using the monitoring app. Is it better or does it still having problems.

Let us know what you discover before and after the cleaning. Good Luck!

I already try to get fan out and clean it by dry cleaner and get istat pro and all temp. is good but fan run at 6200rpm. so i want to know if problem will be with heatsink i will replace it and buy new one from the site.

so what u suggest to me?

The heat sink it's self is passive (you don't need to replace it). What did iStat tell you? There is something more going on here. Please fill us in.

What do you mean by dry cleaner you should only use a brush to scrub the dust loose and can'ed air to push the loose dust away. Anything else can damage the fan.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tm6ix24sht2838...

Here is pic. to Istat pro and SMC fan control

it's dry cleaner just air not liquid

I solved my problem disconnecting the camera from the main board, looks like a bad camera issue.

That fixed my issue. Thank You!

I was literally having the same issue after upgrading to an sdd, moving my old hdd into an optical drive bay, and bigger ram sticks. Unplugged the camera and boom she was perfect! Fans running at normal speed and kernel_task was no longer using 300%+ of cpu.

This is not an answer but more a general heads-up.

I recently replaced a fan in a late 2013 Macbook Pro 13in. You may know that this involves removing the heatsink and in turn means that the thermal compound must be replaced when refitting.

I couldn't believe what I saw when I dismantled this machine. The previous (Apple) application of compound was shocking and most of it had squeezed out between the chip and the copper heatsink. The end result was a very poorly applied, uneven layer of material on both surfaces. Also shocking was the scratching found on the contact surface of the heatsink itself after cleaning.

My client bought this machine new direct from Apple. It has not been anywhere for service during his ownership and he said the machine had always run hot. I'm not at all surprised!

The good news is the fan assembly was replaced and thermal compound reapplied to properly prepared surfaces exactly as specified in the iFixit links for this particular model. He now reports that the machine is running cooler than it ever has and is blissfully silent (as it should be).

So I would recommend that every opportunity is taken to routinely replace the thermal compound during any repair - especially where there are associated heat issues. It could well be the case that factory build standards are not what they were and quality control is not picking it up.

Thanks,

Rich :)

AhmedElBarbary will be eternally grateful.