Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

home button doesn't work

device fell in water. Home button completely stopped working. Button flaky before bath. iPhone 4 weeks old. 3gs 16gig. 3.1.3.

I highly recommend to disassemble the phone

the teardown will help you to get it done

clean the odd looking parts with rubbing alcohol and a soft paintbrush

but be careful - the parts are tiny and very fragile

reassemble it when its totally dry and let us know how it worked

Well thanks for ur answer. I took the easy way out. I went to the apple store showed them the phone. Told them about the water damage they confirmed that and asked if I wanted a replacement iPhone for 230 cdn. I said yes gave them my old phone and left with a smile.

I would of liked to take the broken phone apart but when the phone stopped working I went to Rogers and they said that to get a replace phone I need to pay full rack price - I did 700+tax ouch.

So now I have to go back to Rogers and try to get my money back, since I have the replacement for 3 days

ok, good that they did that and i hope that you get you'r money back

Jim Millington will be eternally grateful.