Cars and SUVs manufactured by Kia Motors

The airbag light just came on and won't go off. Help!

I think the question covers this pretty well. The airbag light came on and occasionally goes off for a second or two, but then comes on again. I haven't seen a reason it might go off. Is there an easy fix for this and what does it mean?

I have the same pronlem

Hi, I am not expert but I would like you to suggest something. f you car model is in the recall list try calling the car show room or the company service center. If not The airbag light problem I think you might have to go to the service center and get it fixed and I am guessing it should be just a small software error (but might not be cheap).

Or

There can be fault in the wiring. Either ways if your car is still in warranty you may get it fixed.

You can try to check of there is an error in the system by using OBD - II Bluetooth dongle but you still have to go to the service center to fix that error.

Every time you try to start the car please wait till all the lights except for the parking (!) and battery are gone and the start the car. This way there will be less chances that the on board computer in the car has no error or system failures.

Cheers

Korean automakers Hyundai and Kia are recalling almost 1.9 million vehicles to fix problems with air bags and brake light switches. The switch recall covers almost 1.7 million vehicles — most of the automakers' model lineups from the 2007 through 2011 model years. A faulty switch can stop the brake lights from illuminating when drivers press on the pedal, the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said. Hyundai models affected by the brake light switch recall include the 2007 to 2009 Accent and Tucson, the 2007 to 2010 Elantra, the 2011 Sonata, the 2007 to 2011 Santa Fe, the 2008 to 2009 Veracruz and the 2010 to 2011 Genesis Coupe. Kia models include the 2007 to 2010 Rondo and Sportage, the 2011 Optima, the 2007 to 2011 Sorento, the 2010 to 2011 Soul and the 2007 Sedona. Hyundai and Kia will notify owners and will replace the switches free of charge.

i never got a letter saying the was a recall for the airbag light

what do I do now

do an internet search for your model and recall. If it's there, take it to a dealership and request the repair be done.

maggietffh will be eternally grateful.