Works fine on AC power but shuts down on battery.
MacBook Pro 15" Retina Display Mid 2013
My Macbook was setting on the table , in sleep mode and not connected to power adapter when a glass of wine was tipped over. The wine went straight across the table and into the Mac! Now it will not turn on at all on battery but if I connect the adapter it comes up fine. The battery shows 70% and not charging.
I took the Mac to Apple and they said to back it up and return it for repairs at fixed rate of $1240! Seems a little steep without really knowing the extent of the damage. Like I said it seems to work perfectly on AC. Are there other avenues to explore?
Is this a good question?