Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Phone dropped plus water damage. Any ideas?

Hi everyone. First post here. Hope someone can help. OK so I have iPhone 4 and unfortunately didn't have it synced recently before problems.

The phone had been accidentally dropped a couple of times. Then after a while it would only power up whilst connected to a power source. On one such occasion a glass of water had been accidentally knocked over onto phone. After that it stopped working. I opened it up after viewing a few DIY videos and noticed corrosion on logic board and tried using 90-99% isopropyl alcohol as well as changing battery and charging connector. No success.

If someone can guide me as to retrieving data from the NAND I would be very grateful. I am considering buying another logic board and moving NAND to it if helps. I NEED to retrieve data.

PLEASE do not ignore. Someone must have some advice.

Terence, there is pretty much no way for the normal DIY'er to retrieve from the memory. You will have to build a NAND memory reader as well as write some assembly program to even access it. You could try fixing your phone, or try a commercial service that is specialized in the recovery of NAND memory files.

Thanks oldturkey03. Probably best not try to make a reader in case of further damage. Guess i'll have to search for suggested companies.

Usmanhcbf, may i suggest opening your own question for your problem? You may get a faster response that way.

Terence will be eternally grateful.