1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache

Dropped MacBook -- now opens almost 180 degrees.

I dropped my MBA and now it opens almost 180 degrees. Whilst some might see this as a feature, I'd like to fix it. Ideally I'd like to avoid replacing the whole display assembly.

The black plastic part at the back is slightly damaged and doesn't line up properly anymore. Anyone have any idea if it's possible to just replace the hinges and black plastic hinge protector?

Yes it's possible (depending how much damage was done to the case). In Apple parlance the hinges are "clutches". It' is How to remove the clutch cover DIY repair (you'll have to dismantle and reassemble most of the machine).

It appears that iFixit doesn't list the parts but Google can help you locate them. John may be able to supply pictures or more direct help.

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

The hinge is integrated with display cables. You have to peel off the metal bezel to replace them. The bezel is glued in place, it is very difficult to remove it without wrecking anything else. the plastic cover, as the name suggests, is just cheap plastic.

Philip Cunningham will be eternally grateful.