Model A1181: 1.83, 2, 2.1, 2.13, 2.16, 2.2, or 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

1464 Questions View all

I have just spilled red wine (lots) on my MacBook

I have just spilt red wine (lots) on my MacBook. it was on at the time but went off and now won´t restart. i am drying it with a hairdryer (cold) and battery out. what else should I do??

Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 1


DON'T use a hairdryer!!! It pushes liquid further into the laptop!


Add a comment

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

2 Answers

Most Helpful Answer

You shouldn't have used a hairdryer as it pushed the liquid further into the laptop.

From here, you have two options, drop the whole thing into dried uncooked rice for at LEAST 48 hours

or take the bottom off of the laptop, and let it air dry for a couple of days

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2


You can also look at this for more information:


good + vote


While it's drying, open it, and tip it upside down (Keyboard facing down) so the liquid will fall out, not seep in further.


Add a comment

I don't know the type of red wine, but one thing not pointed out here is the sugar content. Depending on where inside it got it can heat enough to conduct and short out some of the components. Besides the main battery, there is usually a small battery on the motherboard for the date/time. That battery needs to be removed also. Next, if you feel comfortable doing it, after removing any batteries, remove the motherboard and rinse it with steam distilled water. Then dry it out by the above rice suggestion, or like a friend of mine did with his, put it on top of a hot water heater for about a week...

Good luck!

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

grrrrr will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 2,774