Sewing Machine

Check out these guides for information on repairing and dissembling your sewing machine.

Why does the electronic beeper beep and the sewing machine won't sew?

I have a Singer 7462 Electronic sewing machine. When the foot pedal is depressed the electronic beeper beeps and lights flash but the sewing machine doesn't sew- I tried suggestions from Singer site but it didn't solve the problem. No sewing Machine repair in this area.

Most Helpful Answer

The Singer Athena will do this when the bobbin is threaded backwards... Sometimes it will sew for a few stitches - bunch the threads and then stop. Once that happens it will simply beep and not operate.

Troubleshooting on bunching (a separate subject) can be done by loading distinctly different colored threads top and bobbin (bottom) and see which color thread is bunching.

I know this sounds almost as stupid an answer as "is your machine plugged in and turned on", but truly it's easier to mislead the bobbin than one thinks.

Hope this was helpful.

Hi

I think there is something jammed in your sewing machine: motor belt, bobbine,gears. etc. Try desconnect it from main and clean it. Then try to rotate it forwards and backwards looking for the part that is stuck. Some times the nylon gears breaks and get the machine out of order and stuck.

I hope this hints may help you,

Sully

actually your problem is your bobbin winder!!!! flip it back to theright position if its flipped with no bobbin it shuts down

by crystalleecase

My singer 7422 turns on I can hit reverse button and it works but does nothing when pressing pedal anyone know y

Have you tried making sure the pedal is fully connected with both prongs?

If so, have you troubleshot the pedal itself? Perhaps a wire could be broken. I'd do this by disconnecting the pedal completely and seeing if the machine will sew when you press the manual start and stop sewing button to to sew forward.

by Rebecca Brusch

Susan will be eternally grateful.