Why does my computer freeze/crash when online?

My computer freezes when watching video online. It has been doing it for a while; however, it typically happens only when I've been online for a while and/or watching video on line (hulu ect).

The guy at the apple store said the crash codes point to the USB (i.e. logic board). I ran the diagnostics CD-Rom and it said the logic board showed no issues. Likewise, the USB ports are rarely used, particularly when it freezes.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with my video card or overheating. I notice that it gets pretty warm when online/watching video.

Is there any other troubleshooting techniques to locate the exact issue?

Thanks,

Adam

Try downloading Firefox and see if it will work better for you. www.firefox.com

Also make sure you have at least 10% free hard drive space. There may also be some problems with the new Safari, my G5 dual 2.0 3GIGs RAM has been locking up with Safari the last couple of weeks.

This sounds normal, flash is a drag on macs, especially on older ones. You may want to upgrade your RAM, but there's not much you can do. Old iBook G4's were not meant for streaming flash video.

You may have some hope with html5, there's already a player for youtube and vimeo, and I suggest you use those instead of flash players.

adam will be eternally grateful.