Acer entered the world of laptop computers in 1997 when it purchased Texas Instruments' mobile PC division.

when I turn my laptop on the screen turns white

when i go and turn my laptop on the screen turns white

Connect an external monitor to your laptop and see what it displays. The white screen is your backlight, you just do not receive any data. This could be because of a bad video card or a bad LVDS cable. Try the external monitor and let us know.

Connecting external monitor brought the regular display back to the laptop screen.

Acer Aspire E15

You can fix this problem by performing a system restore, therefore you can adapt following steps to run this process:

Open start menu click run and then type cmd to open command prompt.

Type CD.. to make c:\ only.

Type CD windows then CD System32 and then restore.

After once you find yourself in c:\ windows\system32\restore>

Then type restrui.exe press enter.

Once the system restore window open then click next to select any available restore point.

This process shall take couple of minutes to perform restore and please make sure that once

this process started it wont be reversible and neither you will lose any personal data.

Other way to perform system restore is to open safe mode by clicking F8 on start-up and

check safe mode option then further a dialogue box will open to ask for system restore and

then follow the above steps. Thanks

and how do you do this if the screen is white...lol

By using the external monitor

stephanie will be eternally grateful.