external hard drive western digital wd5000bmvu ports info needed?
I have an external hard drive western digital WD5000ME that no longer works.
It starts (the LED Alume and blinking, the drive seems to run), but the connection to the PC does not work (or whatever the PC operating system).
I dismounted and have extracted the hard drive to connect it to my motherboard directly.
I then discovered a hard drive (reference wd5000bmvu) with 2 connectors:
- The USB connector (the one that was accessible from the outside) soldered on the printed card hard drive
- The simple pine: only 1 left, a series of six in the middle and two on the right.
Not knowing this second connection (it is obviously no SATA or micro SATA), I used the wisest of you to enlighten me
- The name of this connection?
- Where to find an adapter / cable?
- Other methods to try to recover the data (before sending it to someone whose job it is ...)?
Thank you in advance!
Guys thanks for the answers till now , i am adding the picture of the pins attached to the western digital external hard disk for which i need the information for.
Is this a good question?