Replace water pump. 1994 Camry
Show procedures for replacing a water pump on a 1994 Toyota Camry 4 cyl engine.
Is this a good question?
WATER PUMP REMOVAL
1. DISCONNECT NEGATIVE (–) TERMINAL CABLE FROM BATTERY
CAUTION: Work must be started after 90 seconds from the time the Ignition switch is turned to the “LOCK” position and the negative (–) terminal cable is disconnected from the battery.
2. DRAIN ENGINE COOLANT
3. REMOVE TIMING BELT
4. REMOVE NO. 1 IDLER PULLEY AND TENSION SPRING
Remove the bolt, pulley and tension spring.
5. REMOVE NO.2 IDLER PULLEY
Remove the bolt and pulley.
6. DISCONNECT LOWER RADIATOR HOSE FROM WATER INLET
7. REMOVE GENERATOR BELT ADJUSTING BAR
Remove the bolt and adjusting bar.
8. REMOVE WATER PUMP AND WATER PUMP COVER ASSEMBLY
(a) Remove the 2 nuts holding the pump to the water bypass pipe.
(b) Remove the 3 bolts in the sequence shown.
(c) Pull out the water pump together with the water pump cover.
(d) Remove the gasket and 2 O–rings from the water pump and water bypass pipe.
9. SEPARATE WATER PUMP AND WATER PUMP COVER
Remove the 3 bolts, water pump and gasket from the water pump cover.
10. REMOVE WATER INLET AND THERMOSTAT FROM WATER PUMP COVER
(a) Remove the 2 nuts and water inlet from the water pump.
(b) Remove the thermostat.
(c) Remove the gasket from the thermostat.
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 12
Past 7 Days: 86
Past 30 Days: 349
All Time: 20,259