Mid 2009 Model A1278 / 2.26 or 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo processor EMC 2326

821 Questions View all

do I need to replace the whole upper body?

I spilled liquid on my keyboard and some of the keys don't work now. Can I just replace the keyboard from one purchased on Ebay, or do I need to replace the whole upper body?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

2 Answers

Chosen Solution

It's all one piece - and it's an advanced DIY project: The upper half of the aluminum unibody enclosure houses all of the internal components of your MacBook Pro. Replacing this part will entail removing everything from your computer and transferring it to the new upper case.

FWIW trying to change just the keyboard would be even more complex.

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

MacBook Pro 13" Unibody (Mid 2009/Mid 2010) Upper Case Image

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1
Add a comment

I need help with my Macbook 13". Sorry to plug it but no one has responded and I'd really appreciate some insight. Thanks

Upgrade motherboard feasible with later model A1181

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

Ariel Wetzel will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 130