Major spill damage on the keyboard
@ all spill secialists: Im working on a MBP 13" 1278 after it got in contact with a big pot o' tea an' honey whilst running.
Having it dissembled, dried, cleaned, contactsprayed, andsoforth, I found the mainboard is o.k. , trackpad & screen are working fine, but 4/5 of the keys including the on/off button are not functioning.
It can be started by disconecting the battery for 10 sec., then plugging in the charger ( short circuit ?! )
Is there any other way to get the MPB in working order, than replacing the topcase ?
Greetings from Krautland
Is this a good question?