0

Adam Hintz
1k

Battery sometimes fails to properly charge

I've had this computer for a couple years now, and it's still running strong. The battery still gives me 4-5 hours charge, which is fantastic. The only problem is that sometimes the battery refuses to charge when my laptop's plugged in and the battery still has a good amount of charge (somewhere between 90% and 50%). Also, if I'm charging the battery from a lower charge, it sometimes refuses to finish charge - it says "Finishing charge" (or something like that, I'm not looking at it right now). What do you guys suspect the problem is?

2

markus weiher

sounds strange - maybe the battery gives wrong data to the logicboard

did you try coconut battery to determine the original capacity vs. the current capacity

are you able to try a different battery - maybe it works normal with a different one (or not - that way you could rule out a battery problem)

I haven't attempted to use another battery, but my sister has the same style MacBook, so I'll definitely give that a try when I get the chance.

Adam Hintz,

I haven't gotten any resolution with this, but I don't have the problem anymore. Perhaps just cycling the battery several times / the passage of time / software updates fixed it. Either way, I'm upvoting this answer so that the question is no longer "unresolved".

Adam Hintz,

0

fabio
1

I read somewhere that this is a known problem with the logic board. My macbook 2007 suffers from the same problem.

Edited by: Adam Hintz ( )