The Sony Ericsson 760a features Bluetooth, USB, GPS and support for GSM, GPRS, EDGE and 3G networks.

How do you repair the keypad numbers that won't function?

My wife dropped her phone in a bowl of water. It was quickly removed and dried as best possible. Now, the number 9 key and her address book key don't work. Is this fixable?

I would say - maybe

water damages are sometimes bad - even if the look tiny.

the w760 has 2 ribbon cable keypads.

the contacts of the non working keys can be burned - in this case a repair can be tough - but with conductive silver would a repair be possible.

on the other side - the keypads are sold on ebay - but those parts can cost a fortune (up to 50$ together, the complete phone cost 99$)

so, fixing it would be the best way.

here are some youtube videos (take a look at the video list)

the keypads are looking similar to this

clean the keypads carefully with rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth

I once went swimming and realized afterwards that I had my Motorola L2 phone in my pocket. I tried turning it on afterwards and it appeared to be completely dead. Here is what worked for me:

1) Remove the battery

2) Place the phone (or other device) in a sunny window where it will get a lot of direct sunlight, with the display up and the battery cover removed so the water vapor can get out

3) Let it sit for a few days until it has dried out completely and try it again.

After a couple of days I re-inserted the battery and tried it again and the phone worked fine. I have used this phone for several years since this happened without any problems. As a rule, water (if it is relatively clean) does not do catastrophic damage to electronics. The main things to do are to remove the power and *gently* dry it out completely.

Brett Barker will be eternally grateful.