Repair guides for cameras by the Japanese manufacturer Fujifilm.

Will not power on

Camera in mint condition but out of warranty. Tried different sets of batteries but still will not power on. Any help would be appreciated.

Chris Hogg

lcehogg@o2.co.uk

See this procedure i made for repair of the command dial of the Fuji S9000 (i think it is similar to Finepix S9600) . may be helpfull to you .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgustavoam/...

I have exactly the same problem. In my case the cause is a switch on the circuit board that is responsible for the switching on and off which is broken. The switch itself should be quite cheap but I am not electrical engineer and I have no idea how exactly this switch is called or from where it can be ordered.

Chris Hogg will be eternally grateful.