Can I bypass my power button?

I have a mac book air 11 in late 2010 and i plug the power adapter in and it shows that it charges my battery even turns green when its full but the device will not turn on when i press the power button and i hear no chimes and see no sign that the power button has an impact. my question is can i bypass the power button and turn on the computer some other way?

Kinda sorta - This is not something to do on a regular basis - you could potentially do more damage to your logic board.

See this How to power on without power button on MacBook air late 2010?. If you want your laptop to start automagically the same time every day use System Preferences-Energy Saver:Scheduled Start. OR enable wake after power loss. but then you have to leave the internal battery out, or accessible (again a risky situation)

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

matt will be eternally grateful.