0

Jonas
11

Homebutton assembly differences throughout iPad generations

Hi guys!

I was just wondering:

I know that the iPad 4 comes with a new flexcable which is easy to be damaged during the process of removing the touch assembly.

As far as I know, the assembly consists of:

-the physical homebutton

-the mounting bracket

-the hold-thingy which will be glued to the touch assembly

-the flex cable

Since the main difference is the new flex cable, my question is:

Are the other parts of the assembly the same/compatible throughout the generations 2,3 and 4?

So could I use the same physical homebutton in an iPad 4 aswell as in an iPad 2?

Same thing for the mounting bracket and the hold-thingy (sorry for the unprecise description, English is not my mother tongue)

Thanks for your help!

Regards from Germany,

Jonas

Edited by: Andrew Optimus Goldberg ( ) , Jonas ( )

1

tamhoangngo
679

The electronic switch is the same for Gen 2 and 3. I'd say that all three of the current generations share the same adhered mounting brackets and home buttons. Only the 4 uses a ribbon because the new port isn't "wide" enough to contact previous Gen electronic switches.

Thank you very much! That's what I thought, thanks for the confirmation. Had to configure a homebutton assembly for my repair shop and wasn't quite sure, got confused because the homebuttons of 2-4 seemed to be same though they had different numbers on their backs.

Jonas,