The HTC One (codenamed M7) is HTC's 2013 flagship smartphone. It features a seamlessly designed unibody aluminum frame, large dual front-facing speakers, and a 4.7-inch 1080p display.

How to upgrade SD card

The HTC One comes in many variants, I have the HTC One M7 16gb from Taiwan.

I want to open it up, access the SD card and upgrade it myself.

How can I do this?

The SD card, standing for Secure Digital, is a removable type of media. What you're talking about is the main memory storage built into the mainboard of the phone itself. To upgrade that, you need to replace the module that contains the memory chip (In most cases, that means the entire mainboard) with one that has a memory chip with a higher memory capacity. As the HTC one is a farily new phone and parts won't be common, the upgrade will be fairly expensive. I would recommend getting a USB On-The-Go adaptor which allows you to attach a USB drive for extra storage. I know it adds extra bulk but it's easier and cheaper

Nathan Vong will be eternally grateful.