2.26 or 2.4 GHz / White plastic unibody enclosure

Upgrading from 250 GB HD to SSD?

I currently own the A1342 white Macbook with a 2.4 GHZ processor, 4 GBs RAM. I was wondering if I could upgrade its current HD(Toshiba, MK2555GSXF, 250GB) to a SATA II SSD. If so what are your suggestions for a SSD replacement. And possible problems I could run into if any.

Sure you can upgrade the HD to a SSD.

The only issue here is the SATA I/O is only 3Gb/s (SATA II) so you'll need to make sure whatever SSD you decide on it is able to run at SATA II specs. Many SSD's have software to fine tune the settings only units had a jumper or two.

Given the limitations of the system I wouldn't kill my self getting the fastest SSD as you'll be hard pressed to benefit from it. Here's a good writeup on what to look for in SSD's Buying an SSD. As to a given vendor we use OCZ here.

You may also want to up the RAM to the max of 8GB (Apple supports 4 but others can get you up to 8). More memory means less writing to the SSD.

Awesome, Thank you!!

raqa028 will be eternally grateful.