Food processor is not working

I got it as a gift but did not used it for over a year. Now when I want to use it, it does not work. Is there anything that I can look at, repair it myself, find out why it does not work?

It would help if we knew the brand and model number. Also any symptoms would help identify the problem.

by mayer

yes, sorry about it lol. It is Black & Decker PowerPro, 400 Watts, Model FP1510. No symptoms, it just does not work at all. The power light does not light up so it could be that power is not getting where it suppose to go??? Thanks

by Katharine

If the device was brand new it would have been tested ex factory and it's probably safe to assume it was working when boxed. Lets assume the plug fuse is ok and that the wall socket is also giving power, we move on to the machine. When you fit the mixer bowl to the device the bowl has a lug on the bottom that activates a micro-switch in the body of the machine. You should be able to hear/feel a click when you turn the bowl to activate the switch - perhaps thats the problem area.

I have a Hamilton Beach Food Processor, that was a gift and stop working. I tried the first suggestion and it worked. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Fairy Newton

I could not find a teardown of this. First thing I would do is check the wall plug. Second, I would remove the bottom and make sure that the power is getting to the engine. It could be a loose power connection since you get nothing. I voltmeter would help with this repair.

Katharine will be eternally grateful.